Sites means each of:
we/us/our means Michele Davis and Hello Law Pty Ltd ACN 651 161 483.
The Sites are available for you to:
Using the Sites
You may not reproduce, distribute or re-transmit in any medium of communication, any material or information on the Sites in any material form or upload or repost the material or information on any other site on the internet.
You may download material from the Sites for your personal non-commercial use provided you do not remove any copyright and trade mark notices contained on the material.
You may not modify or copy the layout of the Sites or any computer software or code contained in the Sites.
Links to other websites
In relation to Linked Sites, we provide the links to other sites as a convenience to you and to the existence of a link to other sites does not imply any endorsement by us or the contents of the Linked Sites.
Access to the Sites
Access to the Sites is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Products without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Sites are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of the Sites.
Purchase of Shop Products
Our purchasing terms, which sets out the terms and conditions of sale for products sold in our shop, can be found here. By using the Sites, you acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions set out in our purchasing terms.
Code of Conduct
By using the Sites, you acknowledge and agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- Be kind and courteous: We’re all in this together to create a welcoming, positive and safe environment. You must treat everyone with respect and courtesy. Healthy debates are natural, but professionalism and kindness is required.
- No hate speech or bullying: Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated, nor will degrading comments about race, religion, disability, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity. You should take all reasonable steps to contribute to and foster a safe environment.
- No advertising, promotions or spam: Self-promotion, advertising, spam and irrelevant links are not allowed, without moderator approval. You are permitted to provide your professional contact details in answer to a referral request from another user of the Site.
- No legal advice: You must not provide any legal advice on the Site. Any information shared on the Site is for informational and educational purposes only and you should always obtain your own independent legal advice specific to your or your client’s circumstances.
- Respect everyone’s privacy: Being part of the Hello Law community requires mutual trust. Authentic and expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What is shared on the Site must stay on the Site. You must not screenshot or otherwise copy any content on the site without the express permission of the author of the content.
- Keep it on topic and harmonious: Content posted and shared on the Site must remain on topical connected to the purpose of the Site. Posts or articles that are off topic, inflammatory or incite disagreement among other uses of the Site may be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
- Breach of Code of Conduct: A breach of the code of conduct may result in your removal from the Site, and such a decision will be at the absolute discretion of the moderator of the Site.
- Moderator discretion to remove posts, articles, questions, members or other content: the Moderators of the Site reserve the right to remove posts, articles, questions, members or other content that is considered to be inconsistent with the Code of Conduct for the general spirit of the Hello Law community on the Site.
- Complaints and reporting: If you witness any potential breach of the Code of Conduct, you must bring it to the attention of a moderator of the Site at your earliest opportunity.
You must not misuse the Sites. You will not:
- commit or encourage a criminal offence;
- transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene;
- hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data;
- cause annoyance to other users;
- infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights;
- send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or
- attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through the Sites.
Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offense and We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Sites or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Linked Sites.
Termination of access
We may terminate access to the Sites at any time without giving any explanation or justification for the termination of access, and we have no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind arising as a consequence of terminating access to the Sites.
Intellectual property, software and content
The intellectual property rights in all software and content (including photographic images) made available to you on or through the Sites remain the property of Us or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Us and Our licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal non-commercial use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on the Sites nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
Disclaimer of liability
We are making the Sites available for others to publish information without assuming a duty of care to users. We give no warranty, guarantee or representation about the accuracy, reliability or timeliness or otherwise, of the material or information uploaded to the Sites or Linked Sites on the Site.
To the full extent permitted by law, we disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding:
- the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of any information contained or referred to on the Sites or of any Linked Sites; and
- merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose for any Products contained or referred to on the Sites or on any Linked Sites.
We will not be liable under any circumstances for any loss of profits or damages of any kind recognised by law (even if it has been advised of the possibility of such loss or profits or damages) which are the consequence of you:
- acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on the Sites or any of the Linked Sites; and
- using or acquiring, or your inability to use or acquire, any service or products contained or referred to on the Sites or any Linked Sites.
We do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation that:
- the Sites, or the server that makes the Site available on the internet or mobile device, are free of software viruses;
- the functions contained in any software contained on the Sites or connected to the Sites via the use of a mobile device will operate uninterrupted or are error-free; and
- errors or defects in the Sites will be corrected.
We are not liable to you for:
- errors or omissions in the Sites, or Linked Sites on the internet;
- delays to, interruptions of or cessation of the Products on the Sites or Linked Sites; and
- defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the Sites.
whether caused through our negligence or the negligence of our employees, independent contractors or agents, or through any other cause.
You agree to accept the full cost of any necessary repair, correction or maintenance of any of your computer software or hardware, which may be necessary as a consequence of you accessing the Sites.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Linking to this website
You may link to the Sites, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. The Sites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Sites other than the home page of the relevant Site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Disclaimer as to ownership of trade marks, images of personalities and third party copyright
Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trade marks and content, services and/or locations featured on the Sites are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with Us and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trade marks/names featured on the Sites are owned by the respective trade mark owners. Where a trade mark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to Us.
We must have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services or any page of the Sites.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please let us know if you have any complaints or comments by calling us on 0407 052 097 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.